Mel's April 2013 Birchbox

After all that talk about unsubscribing from Birchbox last month, I forgot to actually unsubscribe. I found out what items I was getting this month by visiting their website and peeking before my box arrived and was really disappointed. Not only am I missing one item, but they were going to send me 3 items from one drugstore brand. I thought Birchbox was all about deluxe sized, high-end cosmetics items? This is directly from their website "Sample top products from high-end brands, get expert advice, buy new favorites and earn points with every purchase."

You be the judge of that - is Yes To _____ a high-end brand? I'm not knocking that it isn't an awesome brand, but this isn't what I paid for. I also love how Birchbox took down the word deluxe sized samples from their website, at least they're being honest now that they're sending foil/blister packets.

Items in my box:
Beauty Protector Protect & Detangle
Caudalie SOS Morning Eye Rescue
Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream
Yes To Carrots Lip Butter - Mint
Yes To Cucumber Facial Towelettes (MISSING)
Yes To Grapefruit Daily Facial Scrub (blister packets)

The only redeeming quality in this box was the fact that I can either subscribe to Women's Health magazine, or get a refund of $9.99 if I choose not to subscribe.

We had a long run Birchbox, but you've changed way too much since I started my subscription over a year ago.

2 comments:

  1. Oh and the cucumber towellettes was the one I wondered about too :/ That sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some of those in one of my Ipsy bags before. They were moist, not super wet and felt refreshing. Some people had allergic reactions to something in it or said it burned.

      Delete