Häagen-Dazs Black Cherry Amaretto Gelato & Salted Caramel Truffle Ice Cream


I saw these flavors at Walmart Sunday and couldn't resist. "Salted Caramel Truffle" ice cream by Häagen-Dazs and Black Cherry Amaretto Gelato.

As you can see from the lid above, the Salted Caramel truffle is a limited edition flavor.

Here's the interior:



The Salted Caramel Truffle has vanilla ice cream with swirls of salty caramel and what are basically mini rolos as "truffles". It's a sweet treat with a salty kick. But it might be a little too much of sweet and/or salty for some people. I thought it was great on the first serving. The second serving I got a lot of plain ice cream without a lot of other stuff. It was still pretty good but not wonderful.


Here's the container for the Gelato:


This one is NOT limited edition but it's part of their relatively Gelato line from earlier this year. This flavor jumped out at me because I adore amaretto flavored things and MG is a cherry fanatic. This is creamy frozen treat with an understated amaretto flavor and chunks of real cherries. MG told me to hide it or it would all be gone.

I didn't.

Here's a photo of the interior:


This gelato is my new favorite frozen treat! I highly suggest it :)

1 comment: