It's been a long time since I've posted a mani, mostly because I've barely had time to polish my nails, let alone do something fancy with them. But Sunday we sat down for some television watching, and I decided to get into the season with a Christmas Mani.
- Essie: "no place like chrome"
- Nailtini: "Bloody Mary"
- Image plate: BM-306
I was invited to the BzzAgent campaign for Kroger Skillet meals. The deal included a coupon for a frozen skillet meal, a fresh salad kid, and garlic bread. Unfortunately my Kroger was all out of bread when I went, so I didn't get that. But I did get a package of shrimp lo mein and an Asian chopped salad.
The shrimp lo mein was quick and easy. It tasted fairly good. But it burnt the heck out of my skillet because there were little bits of lo mein noodles in with the vegetables. I had to soak the pan for a few hours with a good amount of Dawn soap and then scrape it clean. This was great for free!
Unfortunately given the clean-up troubles, the portion size, and the cost, I would have been better off ordering lo mein from my favorite take out restaurant for $5 and getting fried rice with it than paying full price for this meal.
Here is the entire bag in a bowl:
The salad was pretty tasty. I'd even left it sitting for a good week before I ate it (I'd forgotten about it), and it was still fresh.
The texture is a watery mud consistency with little flecks of Green Tea Leaf mixed in. Within a minute of applying, I could start to feel firming from the mask, and my skin was tingling. By the end of the 10 minutes (recommended length of time) the entire mask was firm and I could not smile.
After washing the mask off, my skin was silky smooth and looked slightly brighter. My pores looked smaller and it didn't irritate my sensitive skin. All in all, the price is a bit steep, but I think it's worth it for an every few weeks type of face mask.
I pre-ordered three polishes from I Love Nail Polish last month and got a fourth polish free (Absolute Zero).
The colors I got are:
- Purgatory "is an eerily deep and dark teal polish loaded with the perfect combination of sparkle and multichrome effect pigments."
- Mutagen (H) "is a holographic version of the original Mutagen Ultra Chrome polish!"
- Absolute Zero "is a fantastic dark slate blue nail polish with an near metallic appearing finish." This was the free one, and isn't actually for sale.
- Admire Me "is an insanely cute teal polish loaded with holographic and sparkly goodness."
Here they are in the bottles:
Here are swatches:
You can't tell in these pictures, but this one is almost black unless its in direct light. When it's in light, it looks teal like this.
Though these are some fairly neat colors, I was a little disappointed. I'd expected more of a holographic effect on them. That said, if ILNP has another sale like this in the future, I could be persuaded to buy more!
I got this Ulta "Totes for Beauty" for $16.99 on Black Friday.
I love that this is a bag that I can put other make-up in and it comes with loads of colors. This is going to be my emergency at work stash for when I get called to a meeting but haven't had time to put anything on my face ;)
This month's Ipsy bag was huge! Everything was either full-sized or neat full-sized. Plus there's an extra item.
- be a bombshell lip crayon "shameless"
- nailtini lacquer "Caviar Cocktail"
- pixi Beauty Bronzer "Subtly Suntouched"
- Cailyn mineral eyeshadow "Champagne"
- .em - pillow plush cushiony lip balm "lollipop"
- Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil "Topaz"
1) Comedy Central & Beatz Buddiez - South Park Rechargeable Mobile Speaker - Kenny
I think my boyfriend will enjoy this and will probably use it for his iPad or iPhone.
2) DC Comics & Dynomighty - Batman Tyvek Mighty Wallet
Loving this wallet!!! I'm a fan of Batman, so this is going to be used immediately.
3) Bicycle - Premium Playing Cards
Ehhh, these are okay, I can't remember the last time I played a game with cards.
4) General Mills - BFAST Breakfast Shake - Berry
Boyfriend took this from me the second I opened the box, which is why it isn't pictured.
5) Loot Crate Labs - First Person Shooter Glass
I think this is quite clever. Shot... Glass. :)
6) Loot Crate Labs - Doctor Balloon
While I am a huge fan of Dr. Who, I'm not so into the little stickers or balloons that I won't be using.
7) Loot Crate Labs - Police Box Wall Graphic
Also not pictured, but I'm not a fan of the stickers and such.