I happened upon these two L'Oréal products at Target on clearance. They were on a special display...I forget what it said now, but when I saw these colors and the cheaper prices, I couldn't resist.
- "The Muses' Shine" #681 Colour Riche Le Gloss
- "The Temptress' Touch" #691 nail color
Here's a swatch of the gloss:
And here's the nail polish. Index finger has one coat of polish while the others have two or more.
I've been needing a kabuki brush to apply finishing powder for a few months so when I saw this one at Target for $5, it was a no brainer. I'll admit I opened the package so I could check out how it felt before I bought it. I'm not sure what it's made of (the package doesn't say), but it's soft and looks a lot like real hair. I can't find much about up & up. It seems like a Target house brand.
This kabuki brush applies finishing powder brilliantly.
I'm very pleased with this brush for the price (though I don't have any other kabukis to compare it to).
Here's a shot of the label in case you look for it:
Here's what came in my mystery box:
- I got The Best Pedi Creme Ever
- Boho Glam Lengthening Mascara (brown)
- 2 samples of Age Defying Hand Brightener
- 3 1-step polish remover pads
- 1 emory board
- 2 glitter polishes
- 3 creme polishes
Here's a picture of 1 coat of polish of each:
And a shot of the green glitter polish on top of Maybelline's Go Go Green:
This box was a super deal. I love the mascara. I've needed a brown mascara and this one has a curved brush that does nice things for my lashes. The pedi creme isn't bad. And that green glitter is awesome. Now I wish I'd ordered more than one box!
Josie Maran Argan Oil
Pacifica Body Butter - Tuscan Blood Orange
Big Sexy Hairspray
Nailtini - Nail Polish
*Bags will be random and have one of two colors.
Brush - Unsure of brand just yet... (possibly Soho)
*Bags will be random and have one out of three different brushes (lid, brow, or crease)
Labels: bundle monster, China Glaze, essie, Julep, mani, Manicure, ORLY, stamping · Posted by Anya Breton at 4:22 PM
I did this holiday manicure last night while watching a few episodes of Community.
My guy often complains that I never do red nails. My excuse is red rarely looks good on me. Earlier this week I did green nails so it was only fair I try out red for Christmas.
My cat decided to get in on the photo ;)
This manicure uses:
- ORLY "Grave Mistake" (a flat red color)
- China Glaze "Ruby Pumps" (a deeper red with red glitter)
- Essie "No Place Like Chrome" (silver stamped)
- Julep Freedom Polymer Topcoat
- Bundle Monster BM-205 for the filigree details on the tips
- Bundle Monster BM-225 for the ball ornament on my thumb (shown below)
This month's Ipsy/MyGlam is awesome! These are huge samples...if not full-sized. For $10 that's a steal!
It came with:
- NYX Pearl Shadow "Sky Pink Pearl"
- I've yet to use this. Pink is a color I'm not terribly into.
- Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil
- This does glide on. But it also glided right off when I wiped it off my hand (where I did the testing). So if you're looking for something water-proof, look elsewhere. It was a nice rich black that I liked. I'm wearing it today. I'll update the post if it stays on like nobody's business but I'm not holding my breath.
- Mirabella Prime for Face and Eyes
- The consistency is a little runnier than most primers I've tried but it went on silky. I never can tell how a primer works until I've tried it several times so the jury is still out on this one.
- Mai Couture highlight papier
- I've yet to try these as well but it's a neat idea.
- Be A Bombshell lip gloss "Hot Mess"
- This lipgloss is nice and red. I'm not sure it's a match for my complexion but I certainly wish it were!
This month's Birchbox is sweet!
I got a full-sized ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss that smells like strawberries and goes on prettily.
Here's a swatch:
There was also an extra packet of the Kérastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique - Protect. This may have been an error but I'm always in the market for thermal protector.
They sent me a little tube of Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream. If I'm reading correctly, this stuff is supposed to be better than BB creams. And can be used instead of foundation. Well, not in my case. I still need the whole shebang. But at least I didn't have to buy a huge bottle to discover that.
The box came with a nice-sized travel bottle of Thymes Body Lotion "naia" and a little sample of "Lotus Santal". Naia smells great and makes my skin feel nice and soft. Lotus Santal is muskier but still nice.
This is a super late post. But I've finally gotten through three of the four samples I'd gotten in a November Sephora order.
I don't have anything groundbreaking to report about any of them.
- Ren Clean Skincare was ridiculously fluid. I cut a corner of it with scissors and it all came pouring out all over the place. Not terribly pleased with that. The fluid had an odd smell that lingered for a good fifteen minutes. The directions say to apply it at night. I did that. And it made my skin shiny right up until I put something over it in the morning. I didn't notice any changes to my skin but maybe you need multiple applications. Needless to say, I won't be buying any of this.
- DERMAdoctor KP duty wasn't anything spectacular either. I used it on my elbows, which are fairly dry right now. I did it over 3 days' time and noted nothing beyond what a typical body lotion would do.
- Lancome -- I can't find this sample now so I can't report on it, sorry!
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless -- I have HUGE pores so I was thrilled to get something that would help with this. This product, however, did little to help and it wasn't terribly good as a primer alone either.
While I did that, I also grabbed their free gift of the moment. It was a fancy pouch deal with 14 samples inside. The only one left was the Kat Von D pouch (I wanted the Cinderella one but hey, I'm not complaining).
The number of samples jammed into that pouch were AMAZING. I could hardly get them all lined up to take a picture. Check it out here:
All the perfume samples are lovely. I'm trying one a day. The Juicy Couture one is my favorite so far. It lasts all day long and then some. Lady Gaga's Fame isn't bad as well but it wore off quickly.
I'll post again if anything else jumps out at me as being extra sweet while I test these.
Did you get one of these pouches? How did you like it?
Price: $15.00 per month (plus tax)
Labels: Eye Liner, Ipsy, MyGlam, Sneak Peek, Spoiler, Urban Decay · Posted by LilyElement at 1:26 PM
Here is a sneak peek of the bag and the eye liner.
NYX Loose Pearl Eye Shadow
Prime for Face and Eyes
This post has taken so long because my camera battery died. And then once it was charged I never got a photo of this bag. I know, excuses excuses. Above is the image from Ipsy's site. I did NOT get the mascara. They sent the brow gel instead.
Anyhow, here's my review:
- Starlet Intense Eyeliner
- A full eyeliner pencil came in this box. Shade is "chocolate". It's closer to reddish brown than any chocolate I've come across. That would be a sweet shade...for just about anything other than eyeliner. It ends up getting lost in every shadow combination I've tried. I'm also not a fan of pencils because I suck at sharpening them.
- Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Millionaire
- I was excited for this one because it was a full bottle of polish. But then I recalled I'm not a fan of glitters. This is like confetti in a bottle. If that sounds good to you, then by all means, grab some. (Check out picture below)
- bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipgloss
- The color isn't too bad. The size was sweet. It might not be a full stick but it's definitely not a puny sample. Consistency ok. It doesn't last any longer on my lips than any of my other lipgloss (basically its gone after sipping any drink). It has a cool, tingly feel after a few seconds. I'm not sure why but its not uncomfortable, it's just a little strange.
- Chella Defining Eyebrow Gel
- This has a slightly chemical odor to it kind of like nail polish or remover. It comes in a smallish tube with a wire brush very similar to mascara. I assume I'm supposed to whisk it along my brow. So I did. The scent fades as it dries. But as far as I can tell this does absolutely nothing for me. To be fair, I don't have a whole lot of brow to gel.
- theBalm Meet Matt(e) eyeshadow palette in Matt Batali
- Have yet to try this one. It's a bit dark. I haven't been that brave.
Nailtini "Millionaire" polish on top of ORLY "Liquid Vinyl".
So here's a picture of the stuff in my Birchbox this month...sans the potato chip chocolate.
- Miracle Skin Transformer™ Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector
- I didn't notice this doing anything useful at all. It wasn't good as a primer it wasn't good as a concealer. It just wasn't good.
- Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod
- This was yummy and unique but I'm not sure it would be worth the money to buy a whole set of them.
- Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme Petite Cologne Absolue (in a tiny vial inside that white envelope)
- This has a nice woodsy floral scent. I can't figure out if its for a girl or guy but I do like it. It's one of my favorite perfume samples. I'm going to be sad when I run out because that price tag is a little high.
- Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture & Volume Spray Travel Size
- My first impression of this spray was that it had a strange sour scent. I have unruly wavy hair that has to be straightened with a straightening iron to look decent.
- I followed the directions, spraying my straightened hair from ends to roots as I lifted up. My hair flopped back down, every bit as flat as usual. If I fluffed it a bit, it would stay up for a little while. But it would do the same with a light hair spray too and probably stay that way better. While this product doesn't leave my hair feeling as sticky as a hair spray, I don't think it's worth the difference.
- stila all over shimmer liquid luminizer try-me-set
- I received the pale pink in my November box. My skin is fair but this stuff is difficult to see, even when gooped on. The subtle all-over sheen it mentions when mixed with fondation is what I get from using the product by itself. I have shimmery body lotions that have more coverage than this stuff.
I saw this set at Sephora when we visited Ohio last month. I couldn't bring myself to buy it then but when I got the e-mail about the IT KIT deal, this was at the top of my shopping cart.
I ordered the Blue Suede color. Here's what was in the box:
My first attempt wasn't terribly successful.
Here's my second attempt, about 16 hours after I did them:
As you can see, the edges have chipped. There are also a few worn spots where the polish is visible beneath.
This is a really neat effect but it doesn't last long.
We have some flocking at the house for hobby-type miniature landscaping. I might try this effect with that because it seems like it will be similar.