Julep May Box "Boho Glam"


May's Julep box is inspired by the roaring twenties. Just in time for the Great Gatsby movie to come out...I assume. I switched up my style profile from my usual polish-heavy "It Girl" to "Boho Glam" so I could get the lipstick trio. Here's what was in the box:
  • "Alice" - antique lilac shimmer
  • "Millie" - vintage indigo creme
  • "New York Jazz Trio"
    • mini lipstick "Tea for Two" - sheer nude shimmer
    • mini lipstick "Satin Doll" - sheer poppy
    • mini lipstick "Lady in Red" - matte crimson
  • Rose bobby pins
Lady in Red is a pretty nice red. It's billed as being the perfect hue for any skin tone...I'm not sure it's perfect for my skin tone but it's one of the best reds I've tried. Red and me just don't mesh.
The other two lip colors are sheers...I'm not really sure what the point of them is. Am I supposed to layer them over something? Who knows. I doubt they'll get used. The picture makes these look full-sized but they're not.



The bobby pins were an awesome surprise. I've tried twisting my hair along the sides of my head and using the white rose pins along them. It looks pretty cute (although a little young for me).


And here are swatches of one coat of the colors:


Add-on:

I also ordered an add-on of 3 polishes with my Juleps (their rewards points program). This trio included another bottle of Millie (the indigo above), and one of Zelda (Pink champagne metallic) and Etta (Art deco peridot metallic). Here's a swatch of them:


Etta was a little disappointing given how cool it looked in the bottle (green) but Zelda is beautiful. I promptly did both hands in it :D

1 comment: