Sample Society March


This month I decided to skip Birch box and try out a new service. After checking around at a few of the others, I went with Beauty Bar's "Sample Society". It's $15 a month.

Here's what came in the box (Society March Kit E):

  • Oscar Blandi Pronto Wet Instant Volumizing Conditioner
  • Murad Essential-C Day Moisture
  • Hollywood Fashion Tape
  • Butter London "Diamond Geezer"
  • Lashfood Nano-Peptide Natural Eyebrow Conditioner



Here's the box as it comes:


In the below swatch I have 1 coat on my index and ring fingers and 2 coats on my pinky and middle fingers.



I haven't tried any of the other products in this box yet. And I will eventually, but I can't imagine any of them are going to generate glowing reviews from me--simply because I'm not terribly into these types of products.

Update: 11:12pm -- I just tried the conditioner. The directions say to rinse it in "cool water" psshaa. Right. In any case, I don't need body since I flat iron it to get rid of crazy, unruly hair.

In terms of the box's value, two of these products were full-sized. The Butter London polish is a 4oz bottle. I compared it to other bottles I have and also checked Sephora's web site to make sure. Those polishes retail for $15. The Fashion Tape was also full-sized, worth $9.25. So for a service that cost $15, I made out like a bandit.

There is also a coupon for $15 off $50 or more if you use it by April 30 AND you include a product by one of the brands in that current month's box.

1 comment: