Anya's August 2012 Birchbox

I got my first Birchbox a few weeks ago.

As a designer, the box made me squee a little. It's a standard cardboard color but then it has the lovely embossed pink logo on it. Inside were my goodies wrapped in pink tissue paper. Someone had hand-tied it with ribbon. It was a lovely touch!

Here's what was inside my box:
  • Schick Hydro Silk Razor
  • Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss
  • Apothederm™ Stretch Mark Cream
  • SHU UEMURA Art of Hair Full Shimmer Illuminating Shampoo
  • SHU UEMURA Art of Hair Full Shimmer Illuminating Treatment
  • Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur




I've yet to open the razor as I had an open box of others I needed to get through first. I'll update this once I do.

However, I have tried the stretch mark cream and the Viva la Juicy La Fleur.
The cream did absolutely nothing for me. 

The perfume was nice. I'll use all of it (the little sample spritzer is adorable!). But I doubt I'll actually buy any of it. I'm cheap and I like smelly lotions better than perfumes.


As far as these three, the lip gloss is tiny and definitely pink. After application it fades to complement my lip color rather than look strange unlike a few other pink glosses I've owned.

The SHU UEMURA smells wonderful. Seriously. It claims it has musk rose oil in it and it definitely smells like roses. But I didn't note any difference after using both together and then the shampoo the following day by itself. I made sure I used no other products with it (I have a few leave-in treatments) but again, I noted nothing. I'd definitely use the stuff if it were free but not at the price tag they're asking for it ($48 for the shampoo and $68 for the treatment).

So that's my Birchbox write-up. Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. If you wind up liking the Jouer lip gloss sample you can email the company directly to request a different color samples :)

    ReplyDelete