N@N's Review: Buitoni Riserva


I just love it when an email comes in from BzzAgent asking if I want to take part in a new campaign. This one included food! Even better, Italian food! We'd tried a few Buitoni products in the past...fresh fettuccine, angel hair pasta, and tortellini. All were fairly good. So I was thrilled to join this campaign for fancy ravioli.

Above is a picture of the coupons I got. With that, I bought this Shrimp Scampi Ravioli:



We followed the directions on the package and made it two ways, one with olive oil only and one with homemade pasta sauce.

Here's the ravioli with our homemade sauce. Looks, good, doesn't it?


And here it is with the olive oil only:



The olive oil only option lets you really taste the filling. And let me tell you. The filling is good.


My Findings:

I was skeptical of "shrimp scampi" in ravioli. Buitoni pulls it off! These really taste like shrimp scampi has been stuffed into a ravioli. I'll definitely be buying them again. And next time I'm not bothering with the pasta sauce. These are good enough all by themselves.

If there's one dish a company could say tastes like it was made in a restaurant, it's definitely this one!

2 comments:

  1. Shoot! I want to try this but I think I'll jazz it up by adding more shrimp on marinara and maybe add some veggies like bell peppers and whatever else I can find in the fridge. But I do love that the filling is decent and not yucky baby/old people food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooohhh that's a GREAT idea. I wish MG weren't allergic to shrimp :(

      Delete