Special K Nourish


This is another pack I got from BzzAgent. I was thrilled to get this one! Here are my reviews:

Cranberry almond nutrition bar: this is a nutty, fruity bar that is just heavy enough to quiet hunger without being too heavy. The cranberry ratio wasn't overpowering yet there was plenty to remind me that I was eating something with cranberry. In other words, it was the perfect mix.

Dark chocolate nut delight nutrition bar: this is a dry, nutty bar with a little bit of what looks like chocolate glazed over the top. This bar seemed denser than the cranberry almond but that may have been the heavy faux-chocolate taste I didn't particularly like.

lemon twist nutrition bar: like the chocolate nut bar, this lemony concoction had a little bit of glaze drizzled over the top. It had the same consistency of the cranberry bar without the nuts. The lemon taste was powerful but not eye-watering. I'd count this as my second favorite of the three.

Cranberry almond hot cereal: I used the "preferred" steeping method of pouring hot water up to the fill line in the bowl and letting it sit for 2-3 minutes. This resulted in a very soupy instant oatmeal texture. The included foil packet had dried cranberries and chunks of almond. Despite the soupy consistency and lukewarm temperature, it wasn't bad. I couldn't quite place the flavor beyond the cranberry but I'd guess it was brown sugar and cinnamon.

Cinnamon Raisin Pecan hot cereal: I tried the microwave method of pouring 1/2 cup of cold water into the bowl, microwaving for 30seconds, and then letting it sit for 1-2 minutes. The result was still a soupy instant oatmeal texture. The included foil packet had raisins and and chunks of pecan. This had a brown sugar and cinnamon taste.

Maple brown sugar crunch hot cereal: For this one I went back to steeping but put in less water. It didn't turn out well. The flavor was okay but not spectacular. The highlight? The nuts (almonds I think).

Given the price on these hot cereals (something like $4 for a 2-pack), I unfortunately won't be buying any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment