Anya's August Ipsy Bag


The contents of my Ipsy bag this month is as follows:
  • Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub
  • pixi Lash Booster Mascara N.02 Blackest Black
  • Chella Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow Color
  • Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream all-in-one
  • noya kosher cherry lip balm

Michael Todd True Organics Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub

I was all out of facial cleanser so I was thrilled to get this in my bag. However, upon using it, I broke out a bit more than usual. I'm not sure if that's a timing issue or not. The scrub does exfoliate fairly well. But it's black. That's a bit off-putting. As far as smell goes, it's not a bad odor but it's also not a good one.

Here's a photo of the actual scrub:


pixi Lash Booster Mascara N.02 Blackest Black

I've not been terribly impressed with the pixi products I've tried thus far... And this one is mediocre. But then I'm a bit spoiled as far as mascara goes.

Chella Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow Color

This fine-tipped pencil claims to be dark brown. Against my brows it seems a warmer brown. It's easy to use and does a pretty good job of pretending to be eyebrow hairs ;) But I'm not sure I'd regularly use this over my brow powder.

Pacifica Alight Multi-Mineral BB Cream all-in-one

I love the Pacifica perfume we got a few months back so I was optimistic about this product. I used it last week and even took a before and after shot. Unfortunately the after shot looked the same  as the after shot. I really have no idea how I'm supposed to use a BB cream. I tried it all by its lonesome all day but didn't notice anything one way or the other. But that could be a plus...as I didn't notice it on my skin.

noya kosher cherry lip balm

I'm more of a lip gloss kind of gal rather than lipstick, so this was probably the better choice to send me. I've been using this for two weeks. It's basically Chapstick. But kosher (is Chapstick not kosher?) I haven't needed to use it as often as some of my other lip glosses/balms so I guess that's a plus.


Findings: Overall I was pleased with the array of products this month even if I didn't fall in love with any of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment